Sunday, December 03, 2006

WSIS in Geneva

From tomorrow I will be participating in the UNCTAD Expert Meeting in support of the implementation and follow-up of WSIS: Using ICTs to achieve growth and development, jointly organized by UNCTAD, OECD and ILO. It will take place at the Palais des Nations, here in Geneva, during 4 - 5 December 2006.
It is always nice to be back in Geneva. I think that the city synthesises the world and it is truly fitting that so many international organisations have their sit here. Geneva is both provincial and sophisticated, and it is as Swiss as cosmopolitan. I already made my walk across town to the Vieille-Ville and went to have a drink and a cigar to the "Demi Lune Cafe", a nice place that we discovered with Andres in May when he was here for a WIPO meeting and I came for another WSIS one. In addition, I don't know if Borges chose it to live, die and rest because it is so mystic, or the fact that Borges chose it to live, die and rest makes it so mystic...

No comments: