Friday, October 05, 2007

From Mexico at the Iberoamerican Conference of Computer Law

I am writing from the Universidad Iberoamericana de Puebla, where the Iberoamerican Conference of Computer Law is taking place. I arrived late last night so I missed the first two days and today the day has started with my keynote speech titled "The Death of Web 2.0 and the Battle for its Inheritance", where I`ve dealt with the evolution from the current Web 2.0 towards a Web 3D and who will own content and data if the law remains unchanged. I`ve suggested that the law is ill-equiped to deal with issues of ownership of users`data and creations, and that the terms of service of the platforms currently using 3D technologies are not valid and lack of the precision needed to enable further development of the technology ina certain legal environment. I hope to finish the polished paper soon to send it for publication, but time is not a good that I find in abundance...

No comments: