Candidates must be prepared to teach three (3) courses per semester in any of the following areas: Constitution and Democracy, General Criminal Law, Specialized Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Comparative Law, Public International Law, International Economic Law, International Human Rights Law, International Moot Court Competition Seminar, Administrative Law, Public Actions, History of Legal Institutions, Legal Theory, Labor Relations, Social Security Law, Property Law and Antitrust Law . Candidates must also be willing to accept the responsibilities that are inherent to their research or teaching profiles as described in the Professor´s Statute.
Candidates must have a law degree and must have completed or be very close to completing the Ph.D., SJD, or JSD by Fall 2009. Candidates may be from any country but must be able to communicate in Spanish though some classes may be taught in English. Candidates with experience in teaching, research and publishing will be given preference. Final candidates will be requested to present a campus interview which includes a presentation of their research project for Los Andes faculty and staff.
Interested candidates should send the following documents:
1. Cover letter addressed to Dean Eduardo Cifuentes, indicating your area of interest (International, Criminal, Administrative, Public or Private Law), the courses that you would be prepared to teach and a corresponding summary of your relevant academic and professional experience.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Copy of undergraduate and graduate degree diplomas.
4. Certification of experience in teaching and/or research from an accredited law school or research center that states (a) courses taught and/or (b) research projects in which you have participated in.
5. Copy of your two most relevant publications.
6. Two (2) letters of recommendation from peers or supervisors that can evaluate your teaching and/or research work.
All documents must be submitted no later than October 5, 2008 to:
Faculty Search Committee
Apartado Aéreo 4976
The Search Comittee will inform pre-selected candidates on October 17, 2008. Interviews for final candidates will take place October 21-31, 2008. Final decisions on job offers will be taken by November 21, 2008. The Committee reserves the right to declare any of the positions vacant if no suitable candidates are found.
The University of los Andes is a center of recognised academic excellence in